One month to go
After the epic RideLondon100 I have plunged straight into a very busy week. Looking forward to a family get-together next week so a lot to do along with serious training. So this week’s blog which is already a day late is going to be very brief.
With only 30 days to go until the challenge time to take stock:
- Training averaging over a 130 miles a week currently
- Weight loss so far 26 pounds – just 2 pounds to go to my target
- Major sportives entered and completed successfully notably the Lincolnshire National Championships and the Prudential RideLondon 100
- Total raised so far £5055 from all sources but excluding gift aid
- Started a cycling club in Shepshed
- Made some wonderful friends from the larger Hope family
- Learned to ride as a group
- Inspired others and by others
- Spread the message of Hope and Hope Against Cancer to my community along with promoting good health through exercise, weight loss and eating healthily.
In my last blog I was hoping to put a link to my coverage in the Leicester Mercury but could not find it. Finally you can click here to see it.
Next few weeks are going to pass very quickly. I hope to continue with my weekly blog and hopefully during the challenge itself do a daily update with a video/picture gallery.
I also hope that sponsorship for the challenge keeps coming in.Here are the various links you can use to sponsor me:
text GURU67 with £amount (from £1 to £10) to 70070
Sponsorship forms are at Charnwood Pharmacy, Bloomin’ Marvellous, Dilip’s Multi store, The Black swan, The Crown, Ryatt’s Optometrist, Hall Croft Opticians, Janine Soars hairdresser at “Sheardesire” in Hall Croft, Rosebery Medical Centre, Rosebery Pharmacy, Forest Edge and Outwoods Surgeries, Bridge Street Medical Centre and Pedal Power in Loughborough. Don’t forget Livio of Livio’s Italian Restaurant is also collecting a voluntary £1 donation from his diners and promising to match it.
Further information about Hope Against Cancer: http://www.hfcr.org